“Good as an appetizer for special events. It’s a hit!”– Chef Genevieve
Recipe grade: ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
The recipe in three words: delicious, flavorful, and festive!
Where I discovered it: Weight Watcher’s app for the spinach artichoke dip and YouTube for the Christmas tree
Cooking Partner: My mom
What I liked about this recipe: It’s well done. It’s good for dipping into a sauce or more spinach artichoke dip!
Thoughts for next time: I would try different spreads in the Christmas tree. Maybe like a veggie cream cheese, as an example, or maybe adding a different ingredient to the spinach artichoke dip.
- Spinach artichoke dip (my mom and I like to use this WW recipe: https://www.weightwatchers.com/us/recipe/spinach-and-artichoke-dip-3/5626a62e3d92b3c10eb8d156)
- whisked egg or melted butter
- Roll-up pizza crust dough (for the tree!)
- Make the spinach artichoke dip if using the WW recipe.
- Spread out the dough on a pizza stone or flat cookie sheet.
- Use a pizza cutter to make a triangle shape out of the rectangle. Put the two extra triangles to the side.
- Spread the spinach artichoke dip on the bottom traingle.
- Combine the two top triangles and lay on top of the spinach artichoke dip base.
- Pinch the sides together. Take your pizza cutter and make ‘branches’ by slicing inwards about 1 inch apart from the middle on each side.
- Make the Christmas tree design by twisting the branches twice. Put an egg or butter wash on top of the dough.
- Bake at 375 for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
One thought on “Recipe: Spinach Artichoke Dip with a Christmas Tree Crust”
That’s a great idea!