Recipe grade: ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
The recipe in a few words: warm, very tasty, and savory!
Where I discovered it: From my sister’s idea!
Cooking Partners: My sister Lauren, her boyfriend Ty, and my dad
What I liked about this recipe: I like that it came from my sister! I liked the crunchy crust.
What I would change for next time: Needs more earthy seasoning like basil, rosemary, or thyme. Next time I would try a different kind of crust, like mixing in cheese or rosemary to the dough. This year, I’m really interested in trying something different like new, healthy sauces and everything, too.
- 153 grams 00 flour (1 cup plus 1 tablespoon)
- 153 grams all-purpose flour (1 cup plus 1 tablespoon and 2 teaspoons)
- 8 grams fine sea salt (1 teaspoon)
- 2 grams active dry yeast (3/4 teaspoon)
- 4 grams extra-virgin olive oil (1 teaspoon)
- 200 grams lukewarm tap water (a little less than 1 cup)
- red pizza sauce
- low moisture mozzarella cheese
- fresh basil (optional)
- toppings like chopped peppers and onions, pepperoni, whatever you like!
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flours and salt.
- In a small mixing bowl, stir together the water, yeast, and olive oil, then pour it into flour mixture. Knead with your hands until well combined, then let the mixture rest for 15 minutes.
- Knead rested dough for another three minutes. Cut into 2 equal pieces and shape each into a ball. Place on a heavily floured baking sheet and cover with a dampened cloth.
- Let the pizza dough rest and rise for at least 3 hours in a warm place.
- Put the pizza stones or baking sheets in the oven. Turn the oven up as high as it can go.
- Spread out the dough with your hands on a heavily floured surface. Place your toppings on.
- Pour a generous amount of cornmeal on the pizza stone/baking sheet before sliding the pizza on it. Bake until crust is baked through and golden brown.
4 thoughts on “Recipe: Homemade pizza”
Your pizza looks fantastic!
Sent from my iPhone
Looks delicious Genna!
Looks amazing! Great job, Genna B!!!
Looks so good…Yum!
Great job Genna!