Recipe grade: ★ ★ ★
“I need to practice this recipe again. It’s okay to try again. Don’t give up, just be you. You know the way!”– Chef Genevieve
Where I got this recipe: My Aunt Diane!
Cooking Partner: My mom
The recipe in three words: soft, fabulous, delicious
What I liked about this recipe: The pretzels are very good and flavorful!
What I would change about this recipe: Next time I need to prove it a little more. And the dough is undercooked. It needs earthy seasoning as an option.
My recommendation: I recommend this as an appetizer for all events!
- Pre-made pizza dough
- 1/4 cup of baking soda
- 1 egg, beaten
- Any dips you want (I like queso dip!)
- Roll out pizza dough on top of cutting board and cut into squares that are 2 inches by 2 inches. Roll the squares up into balls.
- Bring water to a boil in a deep pot. Add some baking soda and stir.
- Add dough balls and cook for about 2 minutes, or until they puff up and double in size.
- Remove dough balls with a slotted spoon and place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Brush the egg as a wash on top of each ball and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake the dough balls for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown at 415 degrees F.
- Allow to cool, dip in your queso or other dip, and enjoy!