Recipe grade: ★★★★
The recipe in three words: delicious, tasteful, crunchy
Cooking Partner: My sister Lauren
What I liked about this recipe: The mixture of the cookie dough is the best part!
What I would change about this recipe: Next time I am thinking about vegan butter to change it up. I would also limit the sugar and chocolate chips.
My recommendation: I recommend this recipe to everyone.
- 2 1/4 + 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1 3/4 sticks unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 whole egg plus 1 egg yolk
- 12 oz. semisweet chocolate chips
- Mix the dry ingredients together: the flour, salt, and baking soda. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugars together. Add in the egg and yolks one at a time. Add the vanilla.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the bowl of the electric mixer.
- Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop out cookie dough on a baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes.
Recipe inspired by Williams Sonoma