Recipe grade: ★★★★★
I first discovered this recipe at the Skunk and Goat Tavern in northeast Pennsylvania while getting my culinary certificate at Mercyhurst University!– Chef Genevieve
The dish in three words: spicy, fantastic, easy-to-make
Cooking Partner: My mom
What I liked about this recipe: It is a good combo all together. The bang bang sauce is best on top of the shrimp.
What I would change about this recipe: I would make it less spicy next time and use a sweet-n-sour sauce. I would heat up the sauce in the pot.
My recommendation: If people are spice lovers, I recommend this as a dish to try!
- 1/2 cup chili-garlic sauce
- 2 tablespoons spicy chili oil
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- salt and pepper
- 1 pound of shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- freshly chopped scallions
- bang bang sauce (from a store or you can make it yourself)
- Mix together the chili-garlic sauce, chili oil, sriracha, vinegar, honey, cayenne, lime juice, salt, and pepper together in a small bowl until mixed for the firecracker sauce.
- Mix the shrimp in the firecracker sauce to cover the shrimp.
- Heat olive oil in a medium pan on medium heat and then add the shrimp.
- Cook the shrimp for 2-3 minutes, until both sides are pink and cooked through.
- Put the shrimp on a plat and put bang bang sauce and freshly chopped scallions on top.
Recipe inspired by Chili Pepper Madness.
4 thoughts on “Recipe: Firecracker Shrimp with Bang Bang Sauce”
Hi Genna, I love your posts and can’t wait to try this recipe! We love spicy things. Thanks for sharing! Have a great day, Sandra
On Mon, Feb 28, 2022, 5:51 PM A Chef’s Life by Genevieve wrote:
> gennambcooking posted: ” Recipe grade: ★★★★★ I first discovered this > recipe at the Skunk and Goat Tavern in northeast Pennsylvania while getting > my culinary certificate at Mercyhurst University! – Chef Genevieve A plate > of the firecracker shrimp with bang bang sauce (to” >
That looks amazing!!! I definitely need to try this recipe.
I’m saving this recipe! Thank you!
Awesome recipe, would love to try it sometime. Also really nice website. Keep up the good work!!