“The reason why I love this recipe is because it’s made from a world famous dessert from Louisiana!”– Chef Genevieve
Recipe grade: ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Where I got this recipe: My sister bought the Cafe du Monde Beignet Mix in New Orleans, LA!
Baking Partner: My sister Lauren
The recipe in four words: awesome, tasty, fabulous, fluffy
What I liked about this recipe: The recipe was easy to make from the cake box; to make it by hand would be difficult. The taste is rich and sweet, and the dough is puffy.
What I would change about this recipe: My idea was to dip the beignet in Nutella – so good! Next time I would try more options for dips that go with beignets like chocolate syrup. Or I would try putting cream inside like a donut!
My recommendation: Everyone should try this recipe!
- 1 cup of Cafe du Monde Beignet Mix
- 3.5 fl. oz. water
- powdered sugar
- neutral oil (we used safflower oil)
- nutella (optional)
- cinnamon (optional)
- Combine the beignet mix and the water in a bowl to make a dough.
- Flour a clean surface and roll out the dough. You might need a lot of flour to keep it from sticking to the rolling pin.
- Cut the dough into 2” squares.
- Heat the oil (about 1 inch deep) on the stove until it is about 370 degrees farenheit.
- Drop the beignets into the oil and let fry until it is lightly golden on both sides. You will need to flip it. We put each beignet in the oil for about ten seconds total.
- Sprinkle powdered sugar on the beignets as soon as they are out of the fryer.
- To get the powdered sugar on all sides of the beignet, shake in a bag.
- Enjoy! You can also sprinkle cinnamon on top or dip the beignets in Nutella like we did!
This recipe is inspired by the famous beignets from Cafe du Monde in New Orleans, LA
2 thoughts on “Recipe: Cafe de Monde Biegnets”
those look great! i like the idea of nutella !! but bet they are good by themselves..
where can we buy the box mix?
You can get it from their website! https://shop.cafedumonde.com/product-category/beignets/